This page contains online resources for the Newport Community Choir, including sheet music and MIDI files.
Online payment, Term 2 2017
Term fee is $96 (11 week term). You can pay online using Visa or Mastercard.
Click the button below to pay. This payment service is provided by PayMate. (What is PayMate?)
All these MIDI files will open in a new tab in your browser.
Ave Verum Corpus
Audio files (recording plus piano - thanks to Jennifer)
Banana Boat Song
Sorry, no MIDI files at the moment. The ones I had up here were wrong, will fix soon.
Banks of the Condamine
(Men's part is 'piano' sound, women's part is 'harpsichord')
(You'll hear the other parts at half volume in the background.)
Carol of the Birds
Christmas at Home
- Soprano (Second verse, same as the first!)
- Alto (First time through is for first 4 verses, second time is for last verse only - slightly different in last 4 bars.)
- Tenor (First time through is for first 4 verses, second time is for last verse only - slightly different in last 4 bars.)
- Bass (First time through is for first 4 verses, second time is for last verse only - slightly different in last 4 bars.)
Dimna Juda Mamo
Down in the River to Pray
(L'eguaglianza is filed as "L")
Freedom 90 ending
(These are MP3 recordings)
Freedom is Coming
Haul on the Bowline
Note: I have chosen a piano sound for these parts because it's clear and sharp, but it does not sustain long enough for the long notes in Sop, Alto and Tenor parts. Follow in the music and you'll see the long tied notes.
I have included a click track right through all parts because of the long rests and offbeat notes.
If you can't work out how it all fits together, listen to the "Tutti" version.
- Tenor (This part is only correct for the tenors who sing the "da-da" part in the chorus. Other tenors should sing all choruses the same as the first two.)
I Wish I Knew How it would Feel to be Free
In Dulci Jubilo
In This Heart
(Note: the fermatas (pauses) are left out in these versions - they just play straight through.)
- Alto (Skips Verses 1 and 2, starts at Verse 3. First 2 notes of sop part are included as an intro.)
- Tenor (Skips Verse 1, starts at Verse 2. First 2 notes of sop part are included as an intro.)
- Bass (Skips Verses 1, 2 and 3, starts at Verse 4. First 2 notes of sop part are included as an intro.)
Here is the original YouTube video.
It's a Long Hard Road
(OK, I know this really should be sorted as "E" but you know...)
Long Black Veil
(These versions don't include the "...and me..." bits at the end.)
Love Me Tender
(These are MP3 recordings.)
Morning Has Broken
My Bonnie Boat
Mysterious Ticking Noise (Harry Potter etc)
Intro, verse, chorus
Now O Now I Needs Must Part
(see Roof Rack below)
The Parting Glass
Pick a Bale of Cotton
Note: in the second verse, there's a 4-bar orchestra break to start, then sops only for 8 bars. I've included the sop part softly in the other parts, just so you know what's going on. Note also that the fourth verse is simply a repeat of the first, but with a different ending. The choir drops out for the words "It's from here to the far horizon, your beauty does unfold" in the fourth verse.
Thanks to Steph for these! Note that Steph counts through the 7 rest bars at the start before singing, exactly as written, while the MIDI files skip that bit.
(You will hear the other parts in the background at half volume.)
- Recording (Brunswick Womens Choir, whole song)
Stay With Me
Stand By Me
Step By Step
Sto Mi e Milo
(Both verse and chorus are played without the repeats.)
Sylvie 4-part version
Sylvie 2-part version
That Lonesome Road
This Darkened Room
Two of Us
- Soprano (Main melody only, without intro)
- Alto (Main melody only, without intro)
- Tenor 1 (Main melody only, without intro)
- Tenor 2 (Main melody only, without intro)
- Bass (Main melody only, without intro)
- Bridge (all tenors sing this part)
Under the Full Moon Light
- Melody (Note: it's in 5/4 time)
(You will hear all the other parts along with your own, but they will be much softer.)
Somagwaza - different version of Zamangwaza for Sing Fest 2014